Computer Monitor Software

Joel Finlinson joel at finlinson.net
Mon Nov 23 22:00:16 MST 2009

On 11/23/09, Ken Jordan <ken.w.jordan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a friend in need of some computer monitoring software for Windows
>  Vista. I thought maybe some admin on here working in a mixed environment may
>  have researched this already and has a good answer. This person is not
>  computer saavy at all. Does anyone have any suggestions for this type of
>  thing that would be completely stealth as well? They just want to monitor
>  web traffic, not
>  The two primary ones that I've found are NetNanny and Covenant Eyes. It
>  looks like Covenant Eyes is going to be the best option. Any thoughts on
>  this?

One that I like for home on Windows or Macs is www.getk9.com from
BlueCoat.  It's not stealth, but it's free and it's very good.  I like
their philosophy of being parents too and just keeping their machines
clean.
   I also like to use www.opendns.com as a filter on the dsl, cable,
or wireless router that feeds the incoming connection.
.....but this is probably not what you're after at all........you're
wanting to 'catch' someone doing wrong, not to discourage them.....

   Joel