Monit

William Attwood wattwood at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 13:12:14 MST 2009

I've found a utility that will monitor deamons and alert you if they crash.
 I've only touched the surface.  I'll be using it to monitor nagios
instances so I know if a server is offline or if a deamon crashes, and I'll
setup automation to have it re-start the deamon.

http://mmonit.com/monit/

I hope you guys can use this, too.  If you know of others like it, ping back
and lets make a list.  Always good to have tools in the I.T. Toolbox.
<http://mmonit.com/monit/>

--
Take care,
William Attwood
wattwood at gmail.com

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/marie_von_ebnereschenbac.html>
- "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."