Distance Sensors

Joe C v2joecr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 10:52:04 MST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:
> Also, don't forget the Wiimote approach.  (Infrared camera + 16 emitters.)
>
> Shane

One small problem is each Wiimote can only detect up to 4 sources of
infrared at a time so you would need at a minimum 4 Wiimotes. Also
since infrared is line of site depending on location you may need more
then 4 Wiimotes to track 16. (I know it is possible for infrared to
see through walls but it is restricted to the direction it is pointing
at any given time, also I don't know if the Wiimotes has the ability
to see through walls.)

http://johnnylee.net/projects/wii/

It contains a 1024x768 infrared camera with built-in hardware blob
tracking of up to 4 points at 100Hz.