alpheus.madsen at alpheus.madsen at
Fri Nov 20 15:09:53 MST 2009

> Aren't other people a computational device? That'd be cheating too.

It can be debated whether or not a person's brain is a computational device; in my study of analog robotics, it's more likely a non-linear dynamic that can, with great pains, be used to execute algorithms.

I suppose if you want to avoid a computational device altogether, you would have to use divisor tables, although someone else would still have to calculate those.

As for the base, why not base 1?  In base 1, I have X fingers, and my daughter was born with XI (or rather X and I/II).