Postgres in Utah

Jim Wright Jwright at perelson.com
Wed Nov 18 10:59:44 MST 2009

The reason I ask is I am working at a company in Utah County.  They are
a Postgres shop and are outsourcing there DBA responsibility to a
National Consulting Firm.  They want to bring in back in house but are
not sure if there are qualified Postgres DBA's here in Utah.  So we have
3 options we are looking at.  Keep the consulting firm doing the DBA
work indefinitely, Find a Postgres DBA in Utah, or hire someone with
good Oracle, or Mysql skills and keep the consulting firm for 6 months
and get this person trained on Postgres.  I am trying to get as much
information as I can before a decision is made.

Thanks everyone.

Jim Wright