Postgres in Utah

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 17 22:54:19 MST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Jim Wright <Jwright at perelson.com> wrote:
> Are there many companies in Utah using Postgres? I have been trying to
> do a search for companies doing work with it on a large scale and have
> only found a handful.   Backcountry and EMC and a few others and that is
> about it.  Why aren't a lot of companies using it?

At the company I currently work for we use Postgres pretty widely. We
develop a large e-commerce web-app for the Dept. of Defense. All of
our internal webapps use it, and the mail server I just designed uses
it for the back-end. We're also very actively planning and doing
development to move away from Oracle / WebMethods and use Postgres and
Tomcat instead.

Christer