(PLUG) Looking for Math Work

alpheus.madsen at juno.com alpheus.madsen at juno.com
Thu Nov 12 14:48:08 MST 2009

> It sounds like you would enjoy scientific programming. Getting
> these types of jobs usually requires graduate work in the specific
> area you want to master.

I probably would enjoy scientific programming.  Are there ways to find such work without graduate work?  I'm open to internships, for example.

As much as I'd like to go back to school, I'm not in a position to do so right now.  I already have a doctorate in math (and the student debt to go with it!); since my dissertation is in algebra, I *suspect* that there would be applications for it, but since it's pure math, I would *expect* it to take twenty years, or longer, to find that application.

Hence, it would be highly desirable to find other ways to pursue mathematical work.  :-)

Sincerely,
Alpheus Madsen.