Geographical Load Balancing

William Attwood wattwood at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:19:05 MST 2009

Hello--

   How does one accomplish geographical load balancing? With that in mind,
what about geographical failover?  Example, I have a data center (DC) in
Dallas, and another in Salt Lake.  How do I re-direct traffic if Dallas goes
offline?

   Just a project I'm diving into.  colo-specific load balancing and
failover is accomplished, now we need to protect against the data center
going offline, and speed of access to machines.  I see how I can do
geographical failover with a geographical load balancer, however, do I need
2 geographical load balancers if one of them goes offline?

   Has someone here worked on a project of this magnitude?

--
Take care,
William Attwood
wattwood at gmail.com

Ted Turner <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/ted_turner.html>  -
"Sports is like a war without the killing."