Looking for Wiki software with good access control and security

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Tue Nov 3 20:37:33 MST 2009

On 03 Nov 2009, at 11:52, Michael Torrie wrote:

> Anyway, I'm looking for a Wiki system that is designed from the
> beginning to have strong security and access controls.  I have various
> internal research groups and want to be able to set up areas that they
> can collaboratively edit, but other groups normally cannot edit or
> even
> read their wiki.  Some pages should be designated as readable to
> others.
> And in some cases, different groups may collaborate on a page or set
> of
> subpages.  Of course I'd tie all this into CAS for authentication and
> LDAP for group information.  Having the ability to easily upload media
> files (jpgs, small movies, etc) is also important.

Have you ever looked into Google Apps?  Their "Sites" are their own
versions of wiki's.  Rather impressive if you ask me.  I have been
using them. They can be public, private, or individually owned.  May
not be as deep into access control as you need, but worth examining at
least.  If you need help with it, let me know.  I setup Google App
sites all the times.