script to create podcast from bunch of mp3 files

Michael L Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat May 30 21:32:25 MDT 2009

All I want is something that will scan a folder, examine the mp3s' tags
for information and spit out the feeds.xml file.  Basically I have a
cron that uses mplayer to record wma streams and re-encode them to mp3
(with tags).

One other complication is that while most podcasts are long files, the
programs I'm recording are in segments, and so I've been just creating
individual mp3 files for those, which is quite nice actually.  Can I
group mp3 files in the podcast somehow?

I was thinking about hacking my own script using python, but thought I'd
check here and see if any scripts already exist.

Michael