June PLUG Meeting: KVM & QEMU

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed May 27 16:33:10 MDT 2009

Date: June 10th, 2009
Time: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Location: Omniture, Inc. Building H this month.

PLUG (http://www.plug.org):
This month we have David Mair and Jim Petersen giving an introduction and
demonstration of KVM & QEMU. KVM provides Linux in-kernel virtualization that
supports many guest platforms via the userspace QEMU program. Supported guest
platforms include Linux and Windows. Using KVM/QEMU is quite a manual task so
Jim and David will demonstrate and provide some insight into their operation
and their own workarounds to make life with them easier.

About David:
"I have been a professional programmer for 21 years on a variety of platforms:
DOS; Windows; NetWare; and, more recently, Linux. I have worked as a
programmer at Novell for 11 years and currently fix bugs on a variety of Linux
packages. I also maintain a number of personal projects."

About Jim:
"I have been in technical support for 17 years, supporting DOS, Windows,
NetWare, Linux, as well as WordPerfect Products, and Microsoft Office. I have
been with Novell for 13 years. I currently provide escalation support for SUSE
Linux. In spare moments I work on personal web and desktop based projects."

If you have any interest in virtualization, you do not want to miss this
presentation. See you all there!

Also, do not forget the UTOS sponsored PLUG BBQ this month: