June PLUG Meeting: KVM & QEMU

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed May 27 16:33:10 MDT 2009

Date: June 10th, 2009
Time: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Location: Omniture, Inc. Building H this month.

PLUG (http://www.plug.org):
This month we have David Mair and Jim Petersen giving an introduction and
demonstration of KVM & QEMU. KVM provides Linux in-kernel virtualization that
supports many guest platforms via the userspace QEMU program. Supported guest
platforms include Linux and Windows. Using KVM/QEMU is quite a manual task so
Jim and David will demonstrate and provide some insight into their operation
and their own workarounds to make life with them easier.

About David:
"I have been a professional programmer for 21 years on a variety of platforms:
DOS; Windows; NetWare; and, more recently, Linux. I have worked as a
programmer at Novell for 11 years and currently fix bugs on a variety of Linux
packages. I also maintain a number of personal projects."

About Jim:
"I have been in technical support for 17 years, supporting DOS, Windows,
NetWare, Linux, as well as WordPerfect Products, and Microsoft Office. I have
been with Novell for 13 years. I currently provide escalation support for SUSE
Linux. In spare moments I work on personal web and desktop based projects."

If you have any interest in virtualization, you do not want to miss this
presentation. See you all there!