Two routers

Bart Whiteley bart.plug at whiteley.org
Wed May 27 14:36:32 MDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant)
<Scott.1Jones at ge.com> wrote:
> I own two domains: fyrenice.com and zugraum.com   fyrenice.com is in use
> but zugraum.com is not forwarded for the moment. The SMC gateway is set
> to pass through, no routing.. My IP address is assigned to be static on
> the wrtp54g.. What DO you recommend then with this setup?

Turn off pass through on the SMC.  Leave one WRT dangling off of the
SMC, and leave the wireless security wide open.  Do this to be a good
neighbor.  Plug the other WRT into the SMC also, and turn on WPA2 and
mac filtering, if you want.  Plug your stuff in to this one.  Plug
your web server in to the SMC also, with port forwarding to the web
port(s). Set up virtual hosting on the web server.