Two routers

Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant) Scott.1Jones at
Wed May 27 10:59:57 MDT 2009

>> I have two routers, one networked hp 2605dn color laser and one wife.
>> The two routers are wrt54g models. One is plugged directly
>into my SMC
>> gateway device, with address with the comcast
>cable plugged
>> into it. This first router is wireless and my wife's laptops usually
>> want to connect to this router. The color laser is attached
>to the SMC
>> gateway device, and the laser resides in my office several
>meters away
>> from the washroom where the SMC and first wrt54g devices live.
>> I'd like to set up the printer which has it's own IP; it is not
>> attached to any networked PC on my network. I can print to this
>> printer from my ubuntu box just fine. However my wife's print jobs
>> printer intermittently or not at all.
>You didn't say what OS your wife's computer is running. Nor
>did you indicate the network topology.

Wife's machines run either win xp pro or mac book with latest mac os..
Topology is ethernet

Comcast cable >> SMC device >> wrt54g >> wireless access to win xp pro
and mac book laptops
				    >> wrtp54g >> 2 port vonage phone
					         >> 3 ports serving 1
win xp pro machine and 2 ubuntu 9.04 boxes..