Gentoo++

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Fri May 22 16:29:44 MDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 18:00:18 -0400
"Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant)" <Scott.1Jones at ge.com> wrote:

> Charles:
>
> If Gentoo allows this.. How hard would it be to enable such on other
> distros?

Probably not too hard. As Matthew noted, many of then are GUI. But both
X and ncursed apps can be tunneled through SSH. It would take some
thinking on the various designers' parts, but I suspect it's possible.

I was also pleased to find screen on the gentoo minimal installation
CD, which made it simple to multitask the installation.