Gentoo Minimal Install CD & USB HIDs

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed May 20 14:44:37 MDT 2009

Just for the halibut, I thought I'd try Gentoo on one of my FIT-PC 1s.
(http://www.fit-pc.com/new/fit-pc-1-0-specifications.html) They use USB
for the keyboard and rodent. I pulled in the minimal installation CD,
burned it, and booted. The boot process works just fine. I can use the
command line in isolinux to boot an appropriate kernel with options.
Once the kernel boots, the keyboard no longer works. I don't see
anything obvious in the boot options. Is there a known workaround for
this?