Oracle to purchase Sun Microsystems?

Bryan Petty etierra at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:08:05 MDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com> wrote:
> In my opinion (and everyone has an opinion on this), I'd be more worried about
> Oracle killing tiny projects at Sun like Drizzle than killing business
> producing products like MySQL.

Eventum (an issue tracker) is another one of these small projects, but
that's not likely to go anywhere unless MySQL itself changes since
it's a critical piece of internal software they use for all customer
support.

There was this same kind of debate when Sun bought MySQL back in
February, 2008, and no-one had any idea what Sun's plans were, not
even the founders of Eventum who were MySQL AB employees. Sun never
ended up dropping anything, but that doesn't mean that Oracle won't.

Regards,
Bryan Petty