multiple mail servers for one domain

Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant) Scott.1Jones at
Fri May 15 08:54:54 MDT 2009

I know there are man pages and the like, but is there a compendium
devoted to helping a simple mind like mine understand email set up and
administration, from the ground up? I am happy to dig in and read if I
can find the right source on all this.