Anyone else subjected to Pingdom?

Joseph Hall joseph at thatworks.com
Thu May 14 15:18:53 MDT 2009

I'm just curious on something here. One of our partners uses
www.pingdom.com to monitor their sites, which are hosted on our
servers. They have it set to check response times once a minute. It
seems to be decent at telling us when our sites go down, but its
recovery time is horrible. For instance, today Apache wouldn't restart
properly on a server, and was down for less than a minute. It had been
restarted properly for a full three minutes before the alerts started,
and they continued for a full 20 minutes. In the past several months,
this seems to be the norm.

I've been looking for reviews in Google of Pingdom, but I have yet to
find anything other than reviews from Pingdom of other sites, and
reviews from sites that read like they've been paid for a good review.
Has anyone else been subjected to this service? Am I really the only
person in the world that doesn't like them?

--
Joseph
http://blog.josephhall.com/