LVM Mirroring failure notification

Mike Lovell mike at dev-zero.net
Tue May 12 02:46:23 MDT 2009

So I have a box that I want to use 6 drives with lvm on for xen virtual
machines with. While experimenting with things, I found that I can just
do a pv for each disk and then add -m1 to lvcreate to do a mirror. The
question I have is how can I make things automatically notify me by
email if one of the drives, that has parts of a mirror, fails? I am
liking using LVM mirroring in this situation but I it doesn't help me a
lot if I don't know when a drive fails. Thanks for any help.

mike

P.s. I am doing this on Debian Lenny.