April PLUG Meeting: Home Automation

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:26:54 MDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com>wrote:

> This month we are pleased to have Ryan Erickson present. Ryan (RyanE),
> works
> for Control4 (http://www.control4.com), and has worked and played with
> Automation for over 10 years. He will present an introduction to Home
> Automation, and discuss Control4's Home Automation products.

What FOSS software is used for this?  Incidently, I ordered some x10 starter
kits yesterday.  The firecracker serial port inline adapter (supposedly
transparent, and allows use of an existing serial device) is controllable
via the bottlerocket package.  If there are other alternatives in software,
or hardware, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Scott Edwards