LDAP acl n00b question

Mike Lovell mike at dev-zero.net
Thu Mar 26 21:33:37 MDT 2009

So I am setting up an LDAP for some user authentication and am working
on some access control lists. Right now, I have just the rootdn that was
set up when I installed slapd on my Debian Lenny box and that is
currently the only account that can write to most of the directory. I
want to set things up so that a small group of specified users have
essentially full access to the directory. I not quite sure how to do
this. I would like to have it so that I can add an attribute to a users
object that would then enable access. But I am also open to other
alternatives. Hopefully some ldap savvy guys on the list can help me out
with some examples. Thanks.

Mike