Mysterious Hard Drive

Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant) Scott.1Jones at ge.com
Mon Mar 16 14:49:34 MDT 2009

Sasha:

Yes, the BIOS sees each drive, listing the drive Model Number, size, all
that information accurately. If I boot with a live cd, and run gparted,
gparted will show the geometry etc.. All the data about the hard drive,
plus the partitions currently on the drive, on each drive. I have just
one drive in right now, want to get one going at a time, and I will
recheck the cable connections when I am back at my home desk. The cables
are all new and have all worked fine until a week or two ago, when I
decided to 'improve' things, causing my current mess.

Thanks for the reminders. I am going to try Nicholas' hdparm -I
suggestion too, and then report on that response.