Mysterious Hard Drive

Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant) Scott.1Jones at ge.com
Mon Mar 16 08:38:01 MDT 2009

Nicholas:

Great question. I don't have the answer. I guess what I need to do is
power up the old machines and copy the BIOS data for each one... I am
going to find my windows 98se installation disc and see, just for fun,
if it will allow 98se to install. As well, I plan on calling Seagate
today, to get their input. I believe it's not a drive manufacturer issue
though, as it's happened to a different made drive too, and none of
these drives was tossing any hint of imminent failure. One in fact, had
just been installed less than a month. It seems like it's all having to
do with this new box I built a year ago. The box worked fine, then I
stored it away, in a garage a while.. And revived it a few weeks ago..
The sata drive in it worked just fine too. It's like this new machine is
jinxed..