Sweet Mother of Perl!

Dan Hanks danhanks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 12:14:10 MDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Matt Nelson <matt at frozenatom.com> wrote:
> Can I get some recommendations on a good perl book?
>
> I'm looking for something that gives examples mainly related to interfacing
> with the linux system, ie: doing what most do in bash, but in perl, file
> access, working with files, renaming and other regex related tasks.  Also I
> would like one that sticks mostly to using packages that are included in the
> standard perl install.

Perl for System Administrators (by O'Reilly) may cover these topics
well. I'd second the Perl CookBook, and, given you're already familiar
with other languages, the Camel (Programming Perl) would probably be a
good fit (you could probably skip the Llama). Perl in a Nutshell is a
decent reference as well.