Modern ncurses replacement

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Mon Mar 9 10:03:44 MDT 2009

Dave Smith wrote:
> If I were to start a new project today that needs a terminal-based user
> interface, is there a more modern replacement for ncurses that I should
> consider, or is ncurses just as relevant today as it has been in the past?
>
> --Dave

There's S-Lang[1] which is newer than curses I think (and therefore the
authors must have had a reason they thought was relevant to reinvent the
wheel). I personally would probably choose ncurses over slang because of
relative ubiquity, but you can look into it. Mutt can be compiled to use
slang or ncurses.

1. http://www.s-lang.org/

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net