Modern ncurses replacement

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Mon Mar 9 08:28:43 MDT 2009

On Sun Mar 8 2009 21:56:55 Dave Smith wrote:
> If I were to start a new project today that needs a terminal-based
> user interface, is there a more modern replacement for ncurses that I
> should consider, or is ncurses just as relevant today as it has been
> in the past?

I've looked into this recently, and the best I could find is this:

http://utui.sourceforge.net/

The only thing I don't like about it is that it requires his uSTL, which is
great if you're gonna use it in the rest of your project, but if you're using
the standard STL, it just adds _more_, defeating it's own purpose...