Wanted: PC133 SDRAM

Sasha Pachev sasha at asksasha.com
Sat Mar 7 07:31:53 MST 2009

I need (ideally) two 512 MB PC133 SDRAM modules. Will take other
working configurations that give 512 MB or more. Will consider even
256 MB in the worst case. The reason I do not want to buy online is
that I want to run memtest86 on the modules on the system where I plan
to have them before buying them. memtest86 must not fail within the
first 20 minutes, that is a very important requirement :-)

Ideally I'd buy  from a fellow PLUGer who perhaps wants to make his
wife happy by getting rid of his junk and getting some cash. Second
choice a local computer store that would allow me to bring my box in
and run the test before buying.

Yes, as you may have guessed I bought a system with bad RAM from
Geeks.Com. As a consolation it was only $65. It is Pentium Samba 845
small form factor system, and yes, it only takes PC133.  I plan to use
it for a small web server. I figure rather than messing with Geeks.Com
again I'll just find some RAM that passes memtest86 and cross my
fingers.

--
Sasha Pachev
AskSasha Linux Consulting