Sweet Mother of Perl!

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 09:58:45 MST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Jacob Fugal <lukfugl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I already knew perl when I got this one, so I don't know how good of a
> "learning perl" book it makes, but Perl Best Practices is really good.

I have a friend who used to write Perl while high on LSD.  It ran
fine, and worked, but when he looked at it later he had no idea how or
why.  For this and other reasons, I find the idea of Perl having "best
practices" to be slightly amusing.

(This should be taken as an amusing anecdote and not as an invitation
to start a flame war.  We all know that Perl has many uses and is
wonderful and all that, and that the decisions made while creating it
were made for good reasons, even if they do differ from decisions made
while creating other languages.)