Sweet Mother of Perl!

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Wed Mar 4 22:10:49 MST 2009

On Wednesday 04 March 2009 21:40:27 Matt Nelson wrote:
> Well I have finally come to the conclusion that perl is not going to die
> anytime soon.  Up to now I have been able to do most of my Linux related
> tasks by writing bash scripts, python scripts, and even java.  Well I am in
> a spot where I need to get more familiar with perl to maintain existing
> scripts, and extend or create new ones.
> Can I get some recommendations on a good perl book?

Smart boy. :)

If you're new to programming in general, grab "Learning Perl". Otherwise,
"Programming Perl". The O'Reilly Perl library has a ridiculous number of books
in it these days, but these two are really where you should start.

In other news, I am teaching in the Fedora Classroom this Saturday on Perl
basics. It's free. All you need is an IRC client.

fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Donate your car to feed the homeless and poor."
    -- Seen at a rescue mission