Sweet Mother of Perl!

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Wed Mar 4 21:46:17 MST 2009

On Wed, March 4, 2009 9:40 pm, Matt Nelson wrote:
> P.S. If I buy a book based on your recomendations and I don't like it YOU
> WILL HEAR ABOUT IT!  jk.  For what it's worth I am more of a visual learner,
> and learn by examples.

First, I must recommend the Perl Cookbook. It has served me very well, and is a great
resource for those of us who learn by example.

Secondly, in all seriousness, when I was just starting with Perl, I got a great deal of
value out of Perl For Dummies. I lied in my job interview about whether I knew perl, and
bought PFD on the way home. By the time work started, I was competent enough to not rock
the boat. :) (Admittedly, already being fluent in two or three other languages made that
a LOT easier)

--
Matthew Walker