Closing a stuck port...

Matt Nelson matt at frozenatom.com
Tue Jun 16 09:47:08 MDT 2009

We have a java app that has many ports open.  There is one port that is
stuck and we would like to not have to kill the process, but just close/kill
the port that it has open.  Anyone know how to do this?

This is what I have found, but it wants me to kill the process and not just
the port:
#####
run netstat with -p option(get the pid), then kill the process which hold
the connection

For more info check the following web site
#####

I also found this, but tcpkill does not seam to be a standard package that I
trust running on a production system:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/howto/question/linux/kill-tcp-connection-using-linux-netstat.php