New PLUG Server

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Sun Jun 14 16:27:01 MDT 2009

As many of you know, the PLUG server recently took a nose dive. The old PLUG
server was donated years ago, there is an old 'about.com' property sticker on
it. I'm guessing it came from them. In a nutshell, the hard drive failed (it
was a single IDE drive). It would work for about 20 minutes, then it would
throw errors and Linux would remount it read-only.

Corey Edwards has donated a new server to the group. I really appreciate his
willingness to give us the hardware. The new server is much nicer, and has a
SCSI RAID card (RAID 5) to ensure that drive failures don't knock us off-line
any more. I believe the migration to the new server is complete (minus a few
bugs). However, some services may no longer be available. Please let me know
if you see something that is missing.

The new PLUG server is named: Europa.