hosed hard drive help

Kyle Waters unum at unum5.org
Thu Jul 30 14:55:54 MDT 2009

On 07/30/2009 02:51 PM, Garth Hill wrote:
> I have a friend who frizzled her hard drive.  I don't know the extent,
> but she took it to geek squad or best buy and they told her $1600 to get
> the data back.  Does anyone know of a cheaper or free as in pizza way of
> doing this?

Wow, $1600 last time I checked that was on the expensive side.  Seemed
liked other places did it for about $1000.

It depends on how hosed is hosed.  Have you plugged it into an other
computer?  Does it spin up?  Does the bios recognize it?  Is the file
system recognized?  What happens when you run bad blocks?

Kyle