hosed hard drive help

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Thu Jul 30 14:54:58 MDT 2009

If it's the usual (hardware failure of whatever sort), you're probably not going to get
much without professional gear, which is going to cost a lot. I don't even bother most
times. I tell them they should have had a backup, and that there's nothing I can do to
recover it unless they want to spend thousands to have a data recovery place look at it.

On Thu, July 30, 2009 2:51 pm, Garth Hill wrote:
> I have a friend who frizzled her hard drive.  I don't know the extent,
> but she took it to geek squad or best buy and they told her $1600 to get
> the data back.  Does anyone know of a cheaper or free as in pizza way of
> doing this?
>
> Just curious.
>
> - Garth

Matthew Walker