Need Member Input re: Kimball Larsen

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Jul 29 14:35:50 MDT 2009

I talked with Kimball Larsen on the phone to get his side of the story
regarding the recent SPAM sent to many PLUG members. Kimball was very
apologetic and regrets what happened. Basically what he did was scan for any
addresses in his inbox, and added them to his bulk mailing software. At the
time it seemed like a good idea, but now Kimball realizes it was a horrible
business decision. He has gotten several complaints, and (as I mentioned)
greatly regrets making that decision. It doesn't sound like the mail was too
successful at driving traffic to his site either.

I explained to Kimball that I don't have the final say regarding who gets
access to the PLUG list. The community at large does. I told him I would send
this message out to get your feedback. Your choices are:

1) Forgive Kimball, realizing he has learned a hard but valuable lesson about
unsolicited e-mail.

2) Do not forgive Kimball. Keep his account blocked.

Please vote.

-Ryan