Regional SPAM Blocking in Postfix

Ryan Simpkins plug at
Fri Jul 10 12:52:48 MDT 2009

On Thu, July 9, 2009 15:44, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Ryan Simpkins<plug at> wrote:
>> This is the real file I use, so it will be updated over time.
> If you make it publicly available and encourage people to use it, you
> might want to warn them...
> """  451  "Zions Bank: Are you daft, or what? Go away and
> stop sending me mail."""
> I don't know for sure, but I'll bet there are a few people on the list
> that bank there.

Just for the record Gabe, I had the exact same thought. "If people bank at
zions, and they set this up, then they won't get spammed from them." I thought
about this for a while, then figured "maybe that's a good thing!"

I have modified my setup and moved 'personal' cidr entries to
/etc/postfix/personal_cidr, and renamed cidr to regional_cidr (to make it more
clear). Now my config looks like this:

smtpd_client_restrictions =

You can get the cidr file here or here

It should now be safe for people to add all the geo blocks without getting my
personal blocks. Thanks for the suggestion Gabe.