new hardware exchange type group

James F. Carroll jcarroll at
Thu Jul 9 17:29:16 MDT 2009

PLUG Members,
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Kyle Waters <unum at> wrote:

> On 07/07/2009 01:08 PM, Kyle Waters wrote:
> > I've seen people giving a way a lot of still useful hardware in this
> > group and thought you would want to know about this new effort by Pete
> > Ashdown:

The website seems to be down today.  No response from
 Based on your email, you might be interested in two related efforts:

   1. Free Geek <>, HQ in Portland, OR since 2000:
   reuse and recycle used computers and educate public.  Several affiliate
   Free Geeks <> throughout N.
   2. Goodwill + Dell = Reconnect <>:
   accepts old computer equipment for recycling (no reuse)

If anyone is interested in starting a Free Geek Utah Valley, please let me

James Carroll