Encrypted drives on an Asus EEE 1000

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Fri Jan 23 15:13:09 MST 2009

On 01/23/2009 09:57 AM, Brian Simons wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 09:42 -0700, Barry Roberts wrote:
>
>> Right now I'm running easypeasy and there are lots of packages
>> available
>> (cryptmount, ecryptfs, loop-aes, easycrpt/truecrypt), but I'm not
>> sure
>> which of those the eee kernel supports.
>>
>> I tried stock Fedora 10 and the encryption worked fine, but I had
>> some
>> power management problems that I couldn't find answers for, so I
>> kinda
>> want a eee kernel.
>>

> I installed Ubuntu from the alternate cd so I could easily install with
> whole disk encryption. This looks like a decent guide:
> (http://learninginlinux.wordpress.com/2008/04/23/installing-ubuntu-804-with-full-disk-encryption/)
>
> Then added repos so I could use this custom eeepc kernel and apps:
> http://array.org/ubuntu/

How did you install from the alternate CD?  I downloaded the image, used
unetbootin to create a usb drive, and booted from that.  But then the
installer refuses to find it as a cdrom drive and won't continue.  I
even manually mounted /dev/sdc1 (my usb flash drive) on /cdrom, but the
installer didn't like that, either.

Thanks,
Barry