MythTV Status Information

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Jan 23 14:15:20 MST 2009

Joshua Lutes wrote:
> Yes.  It isn't useful for me to know that I am using 30 GB of space
> when I am considering if I have enough room for another movie or I
> need to delete something.  I'd much prefer MythTV to report to me the
> amount of space that is taken up by shows not set to be overwritten.
> So, it would discount the shows in the deleted section.
>
> It seems like a reasonable and useful metric.

Yes, that sounds handy.  The bar that MythTV shows when you're deleting
programs currently only shows 0-100% full, but it would be nice to show
more information in that bar.  With a little extra color, it could
differentiate between the consumed space it can't reclaim and the
consumed space that's automatically reclaimable.  I don't think there's
a way to do that without writing SQL, but I bet the MythTV devs would
like that feature too.

Shane