MythTV Status Information

Joshua Lutes joshua at lutes.me
Fri Jan 23 12:39:02 MST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:
> 1. Only 36 GB?  That much can easily be consumed by two long HD shows. :-)

Well, I've got a 320 GB SATA drive but I haven't had time to set it up
yet.  Also, I reckon standard cable is a tidge smaller than HD and so
I manage to get by.

> 2. MythTV gives me the same info that "df -h" does.  Do you want something
> different?

Yes.  It isn't useful for me to know that I am using 30 GB of space
when I am considering if I have enough room for another movie or I
need to delete something.  I'd much prefer MythTV to report to me the
amount of space that is taken up by shows not set to be overwritten.
So, it would discount the shows in the deleted section.

It seems like a reasonable and useful metric.

Joshua