Encrypted drives on an Asus EEE 1000

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Fri Jan 23 10:54:04 MST 2009

On 01/23/2009 10:41 AM, Aaron Toponce wrote:
> Barry Roberts wrote:
>
>> Perfect!  I considered that, but didn't know if the eee kernel would
>> work with whatever encryption the alternate installer used (dm-crypt?).
>> But if it works for you, that's what I really wanted to know.
>>

> I'm confused by your term "eee kernel". If you install Ubuntu, then
> you're using the Ubuntu Linux kernel. If you install Fedora, then you're
> using the Fedora Linux kernel. What is the "eee kernel"?

Just a small kernel patched specifically with all the hardware support
for eees.  Stock Fedora kernel works (with wireless driver from
rpmfusion), but suspend/resume only worked about 80% of the time, and I
would periodically get kernel errors.  So I really wanted to use the
kernel from array.org, or something similar, but have full disk
encryption and not have to set up a build environment on my eee to get
it all working.

Barry