Encrypted drives on an Asus EEE 1000

Brian Simons bpsimons at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:57:55 MST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 09:42 -0700, Barry Roberts wrote:

> Right now I'm running easypeasy and there are lots of packages
> available
> (cryptmount, ecryptfs, loop-aes, easycrpt/truecrypt), but I'm not
> sure
> which of those the eee kernel supports.
>
> I tried stock Fedora 10 and the encryption worked fine, but I had
> some
> power management problems that I couldn't find answers for, so I
> kinda
> want a eee kernel.

I installed Ubuntu from the alternate cd so I could easily install with
whole disk encryption. This looks like a decent guide:
(http://learninginlinux.wordpress.com/2008/04/23/installing-ubuntu-804-with-full-disk-encryption/)

Then added repos so I could use this custom eeepc kernel and apps:
http://array.org/ubuntu/