Encrypted drives on an Asus EEE 1000

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Fri Jan 23 09:42:29 MST 2009

I'm looking for a a distro that works well oob with eee hardware and
just works for encrypting at least /var /home /tmp and swap.

Right now I'm running easypeasy and there are lots of packages available
(cryptmount, ecryptfs, loop-aes, easycrpt/truecrypt), but I'm not sure
which of those the eee kernel supports.

I tried stock Fedora 10 and the encryption worked fine, but I had some
power management problems that I couldn't find answers for, so I kinda
want a eee kernel.

Anybody encrypting their eee and willing to share what they did?

Thanks,
Barry