Device Question...

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Jan 22 14:04:56 MST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 13:45 -0700, Brian Simons wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 13:32 -0700, Matt Nelson wrote:
>
> Here's some more on Linux's limits regarding number of disks:
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dsichelp/ds8000ic/topic/com.ibm.storage.ssic.help.doc/f2c_linuxscsilimit_2hsag9.html

Don't take this document as gospel truth for much longer. Earlier this
year I read a report on work to eliminate the old SCSI device number
limitations. I haven't followed closely enough to know if the code has
landed yet, but if you go looking I'd love to hear the result.

--
When you tell me I should give proprietary software a fair technical
evaluation because its features are so nice, what you are actually doing