Backup file recovery

Spencer Gibb spudgibb at
Tue Jan 20 09:58:00 MST 2009

I am trying to recover files of type (file extension) IAB.  I have them on
an external drive, but I am unable to access the contents of the files.  They are Iomega Automatic Backup Pro
files.  I have been unable to recover them using Iomega's software and have
had no help from Iomega (they have been called).  Has anyone had any
experience with this type of file?  Is there a way I could find out if they
are some standard archive file with a different extension?

Anything you could offer would be extremely helpful.