Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Sat Jan 17 00:20:56 MST 2009

+++ Stuart Jansen [16/01/09 21:31 -0700]:
> Looks like Seagate has been shipping drives with bad firmware. If you
> have recent Seagate or Maxtor drives, probably want to check out the
> article. If your thinking about buying drives, probably want to wait
> until the bad drives get sold off.
>
> http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16246
> http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207931
>
> Need a quick way to check your model or serial number in Linux?
>
>   smartctl -a /dev/sda | head

Stuart:

I try your command there, and it returns 'command not found' .. What am I
missing here?

Scott

--
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
- Groucho

Sandy Chiropractic Office		Dr. Scott S. Jones

V: 801.566.5428				MAILING ADDRESS
F: 801.858.9300				PO Box 1154
E: scott at fyrenice.com			Sandy, Utah 84091-1154