Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Jan 16 21:31:48 MST 2009

Looks like Seagate has been shipping drives with bad firmware. If you
have recent Seagate or Maxtor drives, probably want to check out the
article. If your thinking about buying drives, probably want to wait
until the bad drives get sold off.

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16246
http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207931

Need a quick way to check your model or serial number in Linux?

  smartctl -a /dev/sda | head

--
When you tell me I should give proprietary software a fair technical
evaluation because its features are so nice, what you are actually doing