Instructure is Looking for Developers

Devlin Daley devlin at instructure.com
Wed Jan 14 16:17:37 MST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> I join Doran in wondering what kind of skillset you're looking for.
> Also, are you interested in getting work done on a contract basis?

Contract work isn't what we're ideally looking for.

We're an early stage startup. These postings are looking for key
people for our core team. The opportunity is to work on cool tech, to
be the driving force in directing a product that can change learning
and education. Aside from the great career and personal development,
startups make it worth your while with equity and compensation. So,
contract work isn't ideal, because we want someone to share the
vision, and help make it happen.

> Lastly, and kind of off topic, I co-founded Izeni (
> http://www.izeni.com/ ) with my business-minded brother Jordan (A.K.A.
> Jordy) and we've chosen the bootstrapping method in place of seed
> money.  It's been both good and bad.  Good because it keeps us focused
> on getting revenue.  Bad because... well, ask my wife :)

Sounds cool. I'd love to hear sometime on what products and markets
you're targeting.

I totally respect the bootstrapping method. When we came up with this
idea and researched it out, we decided the bootstrapping wasn't going
to allow us to move quickly enough and go big enough to take advantage
of the opportunity. Seed funding definitely does not allow us the
luxury of getting out of touch with revenue -- but that's a good
thing. I think good businesses are well focused.

> Good luck with your endeavors and let us know of your needs.

Likewise good luck and best wishes.

-- Devlin