Vim question

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Tue Jan 13 21:23:32 MST 2009

"Matthew Walker" <mwalker at kydance.net> writes:
> Sounds like a good spot to use awk to me. Not sure how off the top of my head, but that
> tool is darn near as powerful as perl, and I'm sure it's doable. :)

The whole point of perl is so you wouldn't have to use abominations such
as big sh programs with embedded awk scripts.  I mean, if it wasn't for
the need to lure shell and awk programmers, it probably wouldn't have
such disgusting syntax!  For goodness sake, forget about awk and just
use perl for your unix scripting needs. :)

                --Levi