Michael Torrie torriem at
Sat Jan 10 21:46:35 MST 2009

Michael Torrie wrote:
> Barry Roberts wrote:
>> Michael Torrie wrote:
>>> I've yet to see something that I wanted that wasn't at Amazon or
>>> Rhapsody.
>> /me sighs.
>> I guess I'll just have to keep a list of songs I want that are NOT on
>> and when the list gets long enough I'll pay for a month of
>> or
> Umm, Rhapsody sells mp3s for $.99 a song... No subscription needed.  The
> subscription is only if you want stream on demand.  You do need to
> create an account to use rhapsody (just as you do with amazon or
> itunes), which is free.  Then you're allowed to stream 15 songs a month
> (for free), or buy mp3s as you will.  Seems like what you want, isn't it?

I guess the only question is, does rhapsody require a special program to
download the mp3s and albums.  This I don't know. It might be like
amazon where you can download individual mp3s directly, or use the
program for albums.  The downloader is currently windows only, sadly.

anyway the front page for rhapsody's mp3 service is: